Last night, the wife and I went walking through Old City in Philly, and caught a movie at the Ritz. The Ritz is great fun because it plays all the indie movies that I see previews for, but never play with the mainstream movies at most theaters. AND the tickets are State College-priced--$6.00!! We watched American Teen, a documentary about 5 select seniors from a small high school in Warsaw, Indiana. It brought back so many memories. After the movie, I decided that I want to be able to go into high schools to give pep talks that would involve me telling all the kids that high school is stupid, popularity is stupid, wait for the Godsend that is college.
So I've been thinking about the worst movies I've ever seen, and I've compiled a list below of the Bottom Five. Keep in mind that I've seen most of these, so there is a whole sea of awful movies that I thankfully have not been exposed to.
5. Spiderman 3. This movie packed on the cheese a little too much. The final straw was this scene:
4. Uptown Girls. How we got duped into seeing this, I will never know.
3. Most Michael Crichton-based movies includingThe Lost World, Jurassic Park 3, Congo, and Sphere (and excluding Jurassic Park). I picked these because when I was younger, I loved Crichton's novels...These four movies did the books serious injustice, even for a youngster. JP3 wasn't even a novel.
2. Intolerable Cruelty. The title is too fitting. I haven't seen this one personally, but when a group of your friends, after seeing it, comes back resembling a platoon of soldiers who have undergone weeks of torture, you know it's bad.
1. Batman & Robin. To understand the true horror of this movie, you need to watch both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, then rent this movie. Try to keep your lunch down after that. Speaking of which, I'd love to have a Batman & Robin party where we watch the flick and at the end, pick our favorite worst moment.
So what do you think of that list? I'd love for you to leave comments with your Bottom Five, or even just a movie you absolutely loathe. Fire away!
Favorite comment: you are a traitor. also, i hate every movie we ever saw together. you broke my heart paul heggie.